Ryan Woodruff, North Carolina Aquatic Club
MoCo 50 = MOmentum COnservation 50
A MoCo 50 is an exercise in body position, streamlining, and efficiency. The idea is to conserve your momentum (keep it for as long as you can!) by using terrific body position. Here’s how to perform a MoCo 50:
1. Dive off the blocks with your best streamline.
2. Glide until you come to a stop (no kicking).
3. Immediately sprint into the wall and turn at full speed.
4. Streamline and glide until you come to a complete stop.
5. Immediately sprint into the wall with a perfect finish.
6. Slowest time and/or least distance swum wins!
The Perfect MoCo 50 = 1 stroke swum into the turn and 1 stroke swum into the finish).
Can you do it?